Originally Posted by La Texican
The only issue is knowing if you should presume to "correct" another poster or not. ... Some guy pointed out that just because they found the chromosomes creating the first 41% didn't necessarily mean the rest was nurture, it could just as well be other chromosomes they haven't looked for yet. That is the kind of correction I like. I was corrected about something I was trying to think through.... The first type of correction is an interesting trivia factoid. I have a bone to pick. And, sadly, I know this is offensive and here I am saying it anyway. I've seen vocal advocates of the child led learning movement being the worst ones for making the trivial corrections on other adults statements, not the constructive on topic feedback like the second two. Ironic, huh.

I agree. Now I'll speak my mind, too.

I'm getting very tired of the PC police jumping all over trivial points that might possibly offend someone somewhere, maybe in the Andromeda galaxy. If you think I'm wrong, please say so in public so we can have a debate about it (as happened on a thread about GRE scores, which made me think about things. I appreciated different points of view). Why the need to hide?

I hate to see this forum suddenly turn to gelatin because of the overblown and self-serving way that one member reacted to a valid criticism. Let's not let her ruin it for everyone.

The world is full of people whose opinions you don't like. Part of being a responsible grownup is accepting that fact and not trying to control what everyone else says. Sorry, but I feel like I'm revisiting 7th grade here.