Here we are, at the bottom of the page.
http://teachingmybabytoread.blog.com/gifted/
Although I can see why a "cringe-worthy" thread was ugly and unnecessary, I think this was the point of it. This blogger says people are telling her in private "heart-wrenching" stories about how they were treated. Unlike other forums the moderator here doesn't jump in and erase all the evidence, so it would be easy to dig up and discuss what really happened. But I agree with the closing point of that thread, "it just turns into a way for people to mock less popular folks". It was also a chance for those who suffered, cringed, or had their feelings hurt to speak up, not that they did. I don't think I want to see the contention such a thread could cause, although I would like it if it was a working group that somehow helped people work through issues. I'm reading "Siblings Without Rivalry" right now and the author says "you gotta work through the bad (feelings between people) to get to the good (relationships). Of course, we're not siblings. We're adults.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar