Guidelines:
In my opinion the most important aspect of this board is that no matter the variety of opinions and life experiences represented by the members all are treated with respect. I greatly value the diverse views presented and have learned an amazing amount by taking a bit of advice from here and a suggestion from there.

As a guideline, I think that persuasive language is not intrinsically useful in this forum. A statement of position or opinion without attempt to persuade others to your viewpoint keeps most ego out of the posts looking for help. Maybe we could have a topic for posts asking for debate.

I do not want this forum to become bland. over the years, this site has provided so much more honest shoot from the hip information that I have not found on any other forum. My child may not be Davidson Institute level of gifted, but I've never been made to feel that my concerns and questions were out of place. Also, I've been extremely grateful that again rarely does oneupmanship become an issue. IQ scores are tossed around but not in a my child is better than yours but more as a reference point.

Due to the business of our lives right now, I'm not on often but I credit this board and its members with saving my sanity and my hair on a regular basis!