Originally Posted by islandofapples
... so I went and read the drama.
Okay, you've all got me so curious that I googled the other thread on WTM as well. This is getting really unfortunate with all of this 'he said, she said' stuff going on with two forums talking about behavior on another. One thing I do have to say that I like on MDC is that they don't allow linking to or discussing other discussion boards. I'll admit to guilt on having linked another discussion board on another thread b/c someone had brought up a point that supported something I was saying. It wasn't malicious or an attempt to draw negative attention to the other board, though. None the less, perhaps it would be better to add to the guidelines something that disallows discussions of other message boards.

And, in having read that other thread, what I am coming away with is a serious culture clash btwn Jen and a good number of the regulars here. I would hope that, as someone said earlier, people who don't find their "fit" here would realize that and move on without it turning into a major blow up. What makes me say that is her mention of how people here might be interested in her ideas about studying for the CogAT and other mentions that indicate perhaps a greater interest on studying your way to higher test scores. I'd venture to guess that the culture here leans toward showing what a kid can do but not hothousing higher scores.