This is a tough crowd, no doubt. I actually like that curmudgeonly wisdom flung so freely around here. My favorite, if it matters, is the off-topic conversations. I'm not the only one because people make "thought" threads, obviously just reaching out for such conversations. Some of the better ones happen spontaneously.
I guess what's on the table is "our" reputation. I would be all free and hippy-zippy and say "you be you, let me be me.". The tolerance creed. That's however humanistic and egotistical. I don't like the idea of more rules and strictness. I think having a "support only" button or a "stay on topic" smilycon would let sensitive posters make their threads without driving the rest of us into the closet who like to converse naturally, rather than act like the forum is a database of co-written news articles than need to be informative and stay in topic. I could adjust, if that's what this is, though.

The big issue is the definition of spam. If lucounu or other forumfly's could be given moderator privileges and be trusted to only ever use them to delete the Luie vatton handbag ads that would take a chore off of the host's hand. Let me think more about the members linking thing. I have a personal opinion answer "in the cloud", I just haven't materialized it into a solid visible line yet.

I can't believe Dottie's gone. That just lowered the quality of the board. She provided quite a service and free of charge and she's owed such a debt of gratitude. That was a valuable and irreplaceable service.

Eta: forumfly, cheesy attempt at humor. Like a barfly or a "regular".

Last edited by La Texican; 07/29/11 05:37 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar