http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....th_Skills_Practice_for_4.html#Post107707
I'm such a gossip! Here's the first I heard of it.
I vote free speech. I'm sticking with my hideous analogy of this place as a watering hole. I'm going to quote the "Harvard killed rhetoric" article that I read here lately. Apparently ancient Rome had great debates and great thinkers and great public arguments because people had to find a way to make a better government and a better future. America, was apparently founded so well and so cleverly, that we have not NEEDed great thinkers or arguing, just needed people to implement the plan, so much so that families walk away from arguing over what to watch on tv even.
OTOH, I like that this forum is not crude or crass but it's also for adult conversation, not children. That's a rare combo and I'm digging it. Oy. I can't say what we've lost with Dottie. You say this is for "the public", but the non-regulars that come here are mostly for advice because their kid gotta test and they want a better reading of what it means personally about the kid and their life. There's books and articles for advocacy, acceleration, websites for philosophies and education styles. But who publicly responds to iq letters? Nobody even talks about iq tests and iq numbers like it's a taboo secret. Dottie was a heroic grass-roots effort.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar