I do like the support only possibility in the title of threads. I would say, though, that mothering's gifted forum has moved so far in that direction that it seems like you cannot disagree with anyone about anything. I'd hate to see things here move in that direction to the extent that they have there b/c it feels so broad that it is no longer meets my needs at times.

What their guidelines read is:

The Parenting the Gifted Child forum is a board of support, respectful requests of information, and sharing of ideas and experiences as they relate to parenting a gifted child. To uphold this purpose, the board will not host discussions of debate or criticism. Disagreements about gifted issues should be set aside out of respect for the diversity and varying interpretations and beliefs that we hold as a community.

We will actively discourage an individual from solely posting for the purpose of disagreement, with no interest in practicing the belief or view in discussion, or who posts only to prove a gifted concept or a belief to be wrong, misguided or not based on fact. Arguing or posting to convert someone to a particular definition of giftedness will not be permitted. Controversial subjects related to giftedness can be found elsewhere on the internet, and we invite you to seek out other sites for that purpose.

MDC does not subscribe to a singular definition of giftedness. We ask that participants be respectful of differences of opinions regarding definitions and parenting approaches to giftedness. It is our goal for the Gifted forum to maintain a supportive and welcoming atmosphere for everyone. ...