Thanks Lucounu! Great Contribution.

I'm curious about topic drift...it seems that pretty often post drift away from the original poster's concerns. This worries me when the OP is relativly new to our forum or the idea of giftedness. Sometimes I've gone ahead and started a new thread that consists of a quote of someone else's post - but that hasn't been met with great success, so I sort of dropped that idea. Is there a way to say - hey, lets keep on topic, particularly if the OP seems new, worried, or vulnerable in some way, without making people so nervous about their posts that they don't post?

I kind of like the freewheeling nature of our current way, but I sure would love to see posters say - 'I disagree with you but I feel we are drifting too far off topic - care to 'step outside?' or care to start a new topic, or care to meet me in 'snark-postive timeout?'

What about PMs? Can we make it a board tradition that anyone can PM anyone else and say - 'Welcome to the board, I'm x parent of 3 gifted teens, and I'm worried when you do X, but I'd like to learn more about you and your perspective."

((shrugs))
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com