I'll jump in and address the linking to blogs issue. Many people have their own blogs or other websites where they are contributors. I think it's appropriate for those posters to include their links in their signatures, but not appropriate to just post links to their own site as a response to a question. If people are curious about the poster based on the information in their post, they will naturally click through the link to the signature to learn more. I think it's also fine for people to copy text from their own sites and paste here when relevant to a particular question or topic, but even better if they tailor the response to the particular question.

I would like to see a guideline to respect everyone's opinions. Because our children and families are all unique, our experiences as to what works and what doesn't will be quite different. One of the best parts of this forum is that you get to hear many different viewpoints and ideas, and I don't want that limited. There should be room for disagreement and healthy discussion as well, while remaining respectful.