I thoroughly loved this forum! The advice that I've gotten whether in response to my own posts / PMs, or from simply reading others' posts have helped us in understanding our children and advocating for them in a more effective way.

Grinity, I don't get that 'pro-skipping flavor' either. If anything, it helps me to understand that skipping is really a viable alternative and it's not that scary since so many of you have done it successfully. Even though we decided not to grade-skip our DS as he starts middle school this fall, I don't ever feel pressured in any way by anyone in this forum.

In regards to why some of us may not post as much anymore, a simple reason may be because we've gotten the advice we needed and we're in a pretty good place right now. That doesn't mean we don't still love this forum. I still read it every day as part of my daily reading. smile I remember when the board was out for a weekend (for maintenance?) a couple months ago, I felt totally 'out-of-balance' and I kept checking to see if it's online yet... crazy