I'm reviving my old thread to ask for input regarding some upcoming school meetings I have. The counselor wrote a ltr stating that dd has ADD and Anxiety Disorder NOS. I will be meeting with the school counselor re a 504 and the GT teacher re testing in math.

Dd continues to overlook pieces of directions and has lowered her grade one full letter grade on every test I've seen due to this (loses enough points for not doing part of the directions to bring it down from a B to a C, for instance). The last one entailed a whole page of ?s that asked her to list the factors for a set of numbers and then state the GCF. She wrote down the correct GCF for all but one of the numbers but didn't list any of the other factors, losing a significant # of points.

She also hasn't tried any of the extra credit questions b/c she isn't sure she knows how to do them. She does the same with other questions where she isn't sure -- she's just left some of them blank or skips over them to come back to them and then forgets to go back and do them.

The study guides that come home for the tests also don't generally correlate very well with what is on the test, so it is hard to know what she should be studying for. There was one question on the last test where dd's written explanation was apparently wrong & the teacher made a note that she told them it would be on the test and told them what to write, but dd wrote something totally different. (Maybe not paying attn in class??)

What would you ask for in terms of testing accommodations or other? I really do believe that dd knows this material a lot better than her test scores indicate but I don't know if the teacher will agree with that or not.

From what I've seen, she isn't asking for help much on homework and she has an A+ on homework & classwork, but that only counts for 10% of her grade. The quizes are worth another 10% (her grades on those fluctuate wildly, but avg out to about a B) and tests (her worst score) count for 80%.

She ran around 98% correct consistently on EPGY when she was doing it w/out my help but, again, the EPGY guy reads all of the directions out loud to you and it often says "give it another try" when you make stupid simple errors so it isn't one wrong answer and your score goes down.