I've been communicating w/ the GT teacher via email and here's the game plan for now:

Dd is going to go in before school the next time they have a math test and start the test early skipping page one. She'll then put the test in her folder and when they are handed out in class since page one is still blank hopefully it won't be obvious to the other kids that she has already started. We're hoping that this extra time will allow dd to review her work, re-read directions, and generally make sure that she hasn't overlooked anything. Testing alone for part of the test might also be good in terms of anxiety. The teacher will, of course, be in the room correcting papers or setting up, but I think that dd likes her well enough that hopefully she'll be calmer.

The teacher does agree that dd seems to understand the material better than she's showing on most of the tests. I'm not sure that she sees dd as as able in math as I do, but that isn't a big deal I guess. I just see a real creativity and artistry to how she approaches math and an ability to make leaps without needing the intermediary steps. The other kids in the class, undoubtably, have facts, etc. down better in that for most of them this is their third year subject accelerating and it is dd's first. I don't see memorization of facts and formulas as a real talent, though.

In re to schools with no GT groupings, I don't know of any around here. GT is a big thing with a lot of kids in GT at most, if not all, of the schools. I think that the only way to avoid that would be to go to one of the lower income parts of town which would be quite a haul and they would still have GT and ability grouping, but it wouldn't be as big in that there aren't as many well off, pushy parents tutoring their kids to get them ided as gifted. I do think that dd would likely be at the head of the class at the few schools I can think of like this, but I also think that the quality of education would be lesser.