We went in for another meeting w/ the counselor today. We're running into what we always do -- dd is nearly silent while there, snows the person by saying what she perceives to be the right response, and then comes out of there and says something totally different to me. Dd doesn't think that this is helpful at all which leaves me wondering if it is worth pulling her out of school to do.

There are very few afterschool apts available, so it usually involves sending her in 1.5 hrs late or pulling her out in the middle of the day. Dd also doesn't want her school to know why she is leaving or coming in late, so we're left making up excuses like a lot of dr or dentist apts.

I really don't know what to do at this point. They psych doesn't feel that dd has executive funtion problems. She thinks that dd is very abstract and perhaps is developing in such a way to to have skipped over the concrete stage that usually precedes abstract thinking so we're having to go backward trying to teach her how to think concretely. I'm gathering that she doesn't think there is much, if anything wrong w/ dd that needs treatment beyond anxiety and lack of confidence related to school and life not being a good fit for who she is.

So, our options are:

* continue to see the counselor and have her give dd ideas like positive affirmations/self talk which dd blows off and feels condescended to about.
* re-test IQ and see if she qualifies for something like DYS since her first set of IQ scores would have, but she's going to have to step up to the plate on achievement if so.
* drop this all and just let the chips fall where they may assuming that GT classes, etc. probably aren't going to be in dd's long-term school picture due to her erratic performance.