I spoke with the in-network psych yesterday. She felt that, based upon what I was telling her, dd likely does have inattentive type ADHD and that she would be able to dx her based upon the prior data we have and talking with me and dd. However, she also felt that she wouldn't be as helpful to dd in dealing with it as would another local neuropsych who runs this place: http://www.neuro-development.com/

They, unfortunately, are out of network and our insurance won't pay for dd to see them. They said that it would be $135/session and approx 14 sessions to dx (6 for testing, 6 or 7 for writing up the treatment plan and dx and 1 for a parent meeting, I believe). Given that this works out to nearly $2K, I really don't think we can do that.

I left a msg back for the in network psych to see if we could at least get dd in to see her to see if she thinks a dx is warranted. This would be free in-network. From there, I guess that we could get medication prescribed by her pediatrician with the psych's dx, but I gather that treatment entails more than putting the kid on medication.

Thoughts?