We just don't have that kind of $ without pulling it out of our home equity or dh's retirement savings right now.

From what I gather, he would be better able to ascertain what, neurologically, is causing the issue rather than just giving it a diagnosis. He would write up a detailed report on how best to address those deficits in a school setting and otherwise, but I was told not to expect the schools to implement any of his suggestions based upon what had been seen in the past with kids like dd who aren't performing below grade level.

The in network person would be able to give it a name and set us on the road to a prescription if we wanted. She can also provide counseling, but she isn't an expert in ADD. None of the in network providers they gave me are experts in ADD. The only local self-proclaimed experts are out of network. The specific one she recommended doesn't work with any insurance. He provides a bill that you can submit to your insurance and see if you can get reimbursed -- which would be a "no" in our instance.