I would suggest taking her to a child psychologist to get diagnosed. We went to one after DH *refused* to do a trial of meds prescribed by his ped. The first meeting, the psych could tell DS had ADHD, but did several tests and had his teacher and both of us parents fill out (separately) a questionnaire.

We went to the psych for over a month and started doing a token system for behavior. After MUCH reluctance we started a trial of Vyvanse (stimulant) at the lowest dose (20mg) because he's only 5 and is already very small for his age. We just made it through the first 30 days and the only side effect we've noticed is he's emotional (crying at everything) when the meds wear off in the afternoon. His appetite hasn't changed at all and his weight hasn't changed either.

We went back to the psych to get a reevaluation, he wanted to up the dosage (to 30mg) because he noticed a difference on the tests, but they still weren't "normal". So we got a new scrip for the 30mg yesterday. We'll start trying those tomorrow.

We were both VERY hesitant to do meds. I was never diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, but I know I have it. My parents refused to put me on Ritalin when I was little. I kind of wish they had done something though. I was mainly worried about the growth thing because DS is already small. So far he's doing fine though. The meds have made a big difference in his attitude and behavior though.