My mistake. I was using reading as an example, not suggesting that dyslexia is a problem. Poor choice on my part, an I am sorry for the confusion and the stress. I am sorry.

My point is that it seems you are concerned with issues that go beyond ADHD - perhaps EF difficulties? And if so, it is helpful to have data that can help shed some light. You are entitled to a school based evaluation which may give you the info you need, and might perhaps give you additional services to help in areas of need.

The other thing to consider is whether her reading is commensurate with her intellect. For instance, I've seen gifted kids (WISC in the 90 percentile or above), with reasonable reading decoding and fluency skills (at the 50 percentile). This difference between intellect and reading can cause havoc and sometimes points to a reading difficulty. However, sometimes it points to an attention issue. Sometimes both, sometimes nothing. The child needs to be looked at as the whole and hopefully, with the help of experts you can decide what needs support, what kind, and how it should be delivered. It's not an exact science, but information helps because things aren't always black and white.

Again, I was trying to point out that
1. The District MUST test
2. The school may be able to deliver supports
3. Sometimes the data shows co-morbid issues that may be contributing to the struggle.

Dyslexia was a bad choice of words on my part, and I'm sorry I made the conversation more confusing.