I was going to say that I was glad it wasn't just me, but I think that it would be better to say sorry that it isn't just me getting that story! I'll do some more research into it although I don't yet know that an IEP is what she needs.

We had our first meeting with the psych yesterday. She'd like to meet with dd for a few sessions before going further in deciding what is going on. She said that anxiety could look a lot like ADD and she wants to spend some time flushing that out before we try to ascertain if it is ADD.

We do, again, have behavior rating scales to fill out, though. I'm contemplating whether I want to have dd's GT teacher fill one out as well. She gave me the option of doing so or just filling them out myself.

She also mentioned considering redoing the IQ at some point although she hadn't initially thought that was necessary. Her thought was that the initial IQ done when she was 7.5 was likely more accurate b/c it was something called the WISC "integrated" which allowed them to look at scores both with and without the impact of timed parts. She thinks that processing speed may be creating an issue for dd. (PSI was low both times.) She also said that the psych who oversaw the doctoral student who tested dd that time is the head of the psych dept and very good and she doubts that he would have messed up. (He observed the testing and reviewed scoring.)

Her comment was that "typical gifted kids" get 15s and 16s on the WISC whereas dd had two 18s on VCI the first time and a 17 and a 19 the second (as well as a 18 on PRI and other high PRI scores the first time). She felt that it was possible, if she repeated her performance of the first test, or even the second with a slightly higher comp to go with the 19 & 17, she might qualify for some services for more HG kids outside of school.

We're holding off on redoing IQ partly b/c we have other things we need to spend $ on (car brakes, etc.) but also b/c I want to flush out what else is going on first.

I'll keep you updated.