Shellymos - that's wonderful news that your "gut" feelings were right. And although it's a bit overwhelming to get the actual results, I found that learning them before our DS started school helped a lot. It took about a month for me to get rid of the nervous feelings of "what are we going to do?" But then I relaxed and started meeting with our local school district. Our district doesn't have official gifted programming before 3rd grade, but they will provide something different for our DS5 for math and language (we'll figure out what that is before school starts in the fall). We are starting DS in kindy, since really it wouldn't be enough to start him in 1st - or 2nd for that matter. We feel that the best solution for the here and now is differentiation in kindergarten, where school is more about getting used to going to school all day, which our DS will have a hard time with. The school has been great - they are willing to have regular meetings to see how things are going. I hope your school is understanding and helpful.

As for the future, we know that our DS will probably need intellectual peers, and so in the back of our minds we know we'll probably have to move to a bigger city (though I do love the lack of pollution in our little town).

Good luck on your decisions and school meetings! One thing that the school liked was that we went in seeking their advice because we were worried about his education after getting our report. We didn't go in demanding anything, and we just looked like concerned (not at all pushy) parents. (I think everyone on this board would act the same, but it was interesting to hear how that helped us with the school from one of the people we met with.)

Last edited by st pauli girl; 03/25/09 05:53 AM. Reason: clarification