Ah - the excellent Dottie - thanks for the reply I was hoping for - and sorry to be vague - literally hadn't printed the results yet.

IQ wise - he took the WISC-IV, and the WJ 3 (Normative Update). We did 9 tests in all - which I can share more on later if relevant for 2E parents.

The WISC came out at 111 or 77%.

Verbal was 110 75%
Similarities - 14, Vocab 12, Comp 10

Perceptual was 108 - 70%
Block Design - 14, Picture concepts 11, Matrix Reasoning 9

Working Mem was 102 - 55
Digit Span 12, Letter Num Sequences - 9

Processing was 112 = 79%
Coding 11 - Symobol Search 13

The WJ3 Cluster Test was:

Broad Reading 134 -99%
Broad Math - 119 - 89%
Letter Word ID - 149 - 99
Reading Fluency - 130 - 98%
Passage Comprehension 135 - 99%
Calculation -122 - 94%
Math Fluency - 107, 68%
Applied Problems - 113 - 80%
Spelling - 133 - 99%
Writing Samples - 121 -92%

If you're read my earlier posts from January - you'll know that reading has always been the one area that led me to believe he was gifted along with the regular traits you look for in toddlers and babies.

Doctor wrote that it may be a mild underestimate (!) as test findings were slightly inconsistent. Attentional and motivational factors maybe neagatively have influced perfomrance. He was relatively consistent in processing auditory information as visual information.

For the verbal comprehension they said he was storngest on a measure of abstract verbal reasoning where asked to determine how word pairs were similar (91%). Vocab. and abiltiy to answer social judgement questions were within Average.

Visual - was strongest (91%) when asked to reproduce block diesngs that were red, white, half red and half white. (Right now DS6 Loves LEGO and has always enjoyed buildling with train tracks espeically - so not surprised. He didn't do so well when determining how pictures were similar in concept or on pattersm - which surprised me as his teacher said he went off creating his own number pattersn in class months ago - which took her by surprise - but then doctor added that his effort was low and he tends to give up when things get difficult. (I am wondering how perfectionism or fear affects him too).

Visual Processing was high average range 112 79th percentile for copying symbols. (He absolutley hates to write).