I will admit that I don't know my child's full potential yet, I also know that he is so much more advanced than I am that I wouldn't even know where to begin to tap into it. So I just let him take the lead. We use books and other things which teach him. We use computers to find out more information about things. It's not as if he isn't learning, but I am not using a curriculum. That is not hothousing, and in a way is teaching based on their lead. That is what I find works best with us.

Regardless of what percentile your child is, you know them best. If your school system truly is not working and your child is not happy there...and if you have already been trying to work with them and they are completely unwilling to budge and provide the support he needs....then I think as a parent you have to be willing to try other things. Only you know what is best for him.

And don't ask what those things are other than homeschooling because I don't know yet, LOL. For us DS is just starting this exciting process in the fall. We can't afford private school at this point...but haven't completely ruled it out. I don't want to do homeschooling for many reasons, primarily because I work full time. We don't have gifted programs in our district even if he is...so that should be fun. But I am hoping they will still provide services for him that can help him enjoy school and be successful. I am ready for a full lifetime advocacy position. But I guess I am also feeling that I want the school to recognize that students like this exist and it is there job to educate them (yes, I know I am young and naive and know it doesn't always happen like that but I am persistent and feel I can make it happen).