Hi,

Is it just me or did anyone else get anxious when their child/children were tested?

My DS5 will be tested for the first time this Friday. We are hoping to find out if he is in fact GT and if so, at what level. I won't say that I'm freaking out about it (yet!), but I have to say that I have many fears. First off, he can sometimes be very silly, and I'm concerned that he may blow the test because of that. I'm not sure if that sounded right; I'm not hoping that he has the highest IQ of all time, but I just want him to do the very best he can so we can gauge what we are dealing with here and then try to create our education plan accordingly. It seems he goes in these cycles of being silly/having attitude, and wouldn't you know it, he's in one now - it figures! Anyway, did any of you ever fear that your child wouldn't perform his best?

Then, getting past the test, I have to say I am a bit anxious about what we will actually find out. My mommy gut tells me that he is definitely gifted, but what if the test doesn't show that? What if it does? What if he is PG? I guess I am just overwhelmed by everything sometimes, because I know in my heart this kid will not be seeing the traditional K-12 education. I'm still learning so much about everything in the GT world (and many thanks to this forum, which has been invaluable), but it is just so overwhelming!

If you've made it this far, thanks for listening to my anxiousness/fears. So, please tell me that I am not alone! smile