This thread is a showcase for bad math, language arts, or other questions and texts. Ultramarina came up with the idea and I decided to implement because I want to stop working now (4:45 Pacific time).

Rules:
  • Ultimate Bad Questions are not restricted to homework or even questions. The title just sounded better that way to me (The Ultimate Bad Homework/Exam/Textbook/Oral Question and Reading Passage Thread would have surpassed the character limit anyway).
  • Particularly witty solutions will earn emoticons as prizes.
  • Anyone can award emoticons.

Here's our first question, brought to us by fourth grade math, with an approach to the solution kindly provided by Evemomma:

"24 students wanted to watch candy being made in the firehouse kitchen. The students organized into even groups and gathered around each of 5 pots of candy. How many gathered around each pot? How many students had to stand behind another student?"

Evemomma's approach to a solution:

Originally Posted by Evemomma
...How many students needed to be dissected or have a limb amputated to create equal mass amongst each group?

DAD22 suggested a drawing of the firehouse kitchen. I think the forensics team would appreciate that.

confused shocked grin

Evemomma and DAD22, congratulations on winning the first Ultimate Bad Question emoticons!