This seems like a good place to introduce my two-year-old.

Hi! My DD will be three in July. Although, she is not in any kind of formal preschool, she is verbally advanced, and as of late this has extended into early literacy. So, I am finding myself feeling more and more like a...homeschooler? In reality I am just a SAHM chasing after a bright and curious toddler all. day. long.

We do have her registered for preschool for two afternoons a week next year. It is 100% academics free. And, my mom is the teacher. It could not be a more gentle transition into school!

As for right now, we (together) participate in weekly organized classes at kindermusik and our local children's museum. We will be starting a great class at the botanical gardens as well in two weeks. We also spend our days visiting the zoo, a local farm, the butterfly house, a conservation center, the YMCA, many playgrounds, malls, bookstores, and we eat out a ton. We are always looking for something else to do!

At home, we just maintain a calm soothing environment for her. We are 99% TV free. I have not exposed her to worksheets or workbooks yet. We don't follow any curriculum. Starfall is probably the closest thing to that. We read a lot, and like I said, recently she has picked up on reading herself, so we will focus on that every once in awhile. Also, we delve into her interests. She loves geography, geology (rocks and crystals), presidents, and botany (leaves). This is what makes me feel like an homeschooler!

I am excited to join the discussions here.