I love reading about everyone's preschool experiences. It is very helpful to me. Katelyn'sM_om, I was wondering how your DD was enjoying her language immersion school. I remember you signing her up a year ago.

DD3.5 has been in an advanced kindercare preschool since she was not yet 2.5. It's been good in many ways, but our adventure lover is ready to move on.

She just got off the wait list to get into the university-based preschool where DH works, starting this month. DD has been on the wait list since birth, so we are thrilled. When we left our orientation DD screamed and cried. She loved it! She asks about it every day now.

There are several indoor and outdoor classrooms, a vegetable garden, computers, turtles, a chicken and a snake (she also cried that she didn't get to hold the snake). She'll start two 8 hour days and commute with DH. Parents are expected to participate and join them for lunch if they are on campus. We'll up the hours as she is ready and we can afford.

Best of all, DD can progress at her own pace up through K - important because she's a December baby. That has been my biggest concern by far.