We talked to the surgeon and the surgery she would need to do was so over the top we couldn't consider putting him through it. The tumor is literally all of the right side of his head. He would need to lose all of his jaw from that side, part of his sinus cavity and his eye. Plus he would probably need radiation after the surgery. We also had to consider our other dog who would have to be separated from him for 2 weeks and that is almost impossible. DD said it best yesterday. "They are so connected Mommy. They are like magnets." When we got the news and knew that it wasn't an option for us we decided to spend as much time as possible with him so we pulled DD out of school for a few days. Thank goodness the weather has been great. We took them to their favorite dog park and then took them out on the boat yesterday.

As for DD, I told her on Wednesday which was really hard on her but now it is almost matter of fact. She thinks she needs to tell every stranger she meets and she clearly comprehends all of it but is showing no emotions. DH thinks it will really hit her when he is gone but I think she is bottling it all up. We have had some major mood swings to contend with and I know it is related to her dog.