oh boy I met my DD4's new teacher last night and she seems very nice but when she talked about how the big thing this year is learning upper and lowercase letters and that they will still be focusing on things like colors and shapes--things both my girls had figured out when they were 1.5--I felt a sweep of dread pass over me. I didn't mention a thing about my daughter and she said she had asked the other teachers and directors NOT to tell her about her students so they would enter with a clean slate so to speak. Now I am wondering if I should say anything at all today when we go for a visitation day. Do I just let her figure it out or do I give her a little information on my DD's background? My DD can act very silly and immature esp. if she doesn't have children or adults who can speak with her on a sophiticated level throughout the day. Do I trust that this lady will be able to see giftedness through the flurry of silly impulsive activity? My DD4's language is very sophisticated and clear, her reading is very advanced, and she is like a mini encyclopedia for so many things, so those things may "out" her some if she speaks in her normal way and chooses to read aloud and share the things she knows, but last year she pretended she couldn't read when around those children and changed her speech to be more like the kids in her class. She is in a class with many five year olds, but still, the end of year kindergarten class we visited there last year was still working on things she mastered by the beginning of her entry into three year old pre-K. The good thing is they will be doing a lot of crafts and singing and dancing and playing which means less time sitting for academics that are far too easy for her. I think it will be harder next year when they will be plodding through things she mastered years ago.