Today we went to introduce my son to his future karate senseis, a father and a son. �My boy sat quietly watching the younger sensei give a private lesson to one of his students. �The sensei mentioned that he noticed him paying attention. �Afterwards he visited my husband, and old student of his fathers. �Then he spoke a little with my son. �He said he could tell by talking to him that he was mature. �We told him the other day he did what my husband calls a snap kick, he jumped a couple inches off the ground and kicked my husband in the leg and landed without losing balance twice. �He demonstrated some plain kicks for the young sensei. �
Ooh, the sr. Sensei showed up at the same time as the whole crowd of the youngest class. �He ran out the door all excited and saying hi to all the energetic little kids coming into class. I called him to come back and he took off running and laughing, acting for all the world like his age as I waddled after him. �Good times. �The only kids he's ever really around is when we go to the playground at the mall, with all the chaotic running and screaming. �I guess he's been training for this particular kodak moment.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar