My guy will turn 3 in October. �I stay at home. �We live in a small rural town. �There's livestock in peoples yards in town, including a longhorn bull in one persons yard and horses grazing loose around town. �
I'm a housewife so my son won't start preschool until he starts pre-k at the public school. �But we homeschool preschool. �Last year he worked through the kumon letter tracing books the pre-k and kindergarten hooked on phonics. �This year we're continuing with phonics and Singapore math. �He uses some Spanish due to where we live, but he's only fluent in English. �He's recently started being able to letter words legibly free-handed on the big kindergarten tablet. �He's recently started reading full sentences (like just last week. �Yay! :D) using phonics, not just memorizing or using sight words, although he has sight words from the computer and the tv. �He has a kid-safe web browser from firefox kidzui. �He's taking rock n' roll drumming lessons from a DVD. �He pays attention and tries to follow the lessons.
Someday I'll add www.activechinese.com. �He'll start twice a week karate classes shortly after his 3rd birthday. �I've started keeping a little online journal. �It's linked under my icon. �It includes some of his photography. �
Sorry if this post doesn't go here. �I hope it does. �Since it's not traditional pre-school we don't fit in the pre-school threads. �(with the social scenes and teacher's comments). �Since he's too young we don't fit in the homeschooling threads.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar