That sounds awful! My DD is in an academic school but her's is more in line with DeHe's description.

Flower: There has been talk on this board about the Reggie system. You might want to search for it. From what I remember there are a few people on here that have had their children attend and were happy with the program.

We had our first lesson from the house. It did not go well. The poor guy had three strikes before coming into the door. 1. DD was mad at me because I wouldn't give in to her plea for popcorn. 2. The lesson is the first time DD has had anything from the house. 3. He is male and DD tends to get silly around male instructors. I stayed out of the way but heard all of it. She was definitely not cooperating, but there were a few moments of hope. She shocked him when she read the notes from the sheet music and when he asked her how she knew that her response was "because I'm 4." Four is her magical number. She associates it with big girl and the ability to do anything. The nice thing is I found a stash of her piano lessons at school (which was suppose to be given to me) and with the lessons were comments from her previous teacher. It included how fast she picked it up; how talented she is; and the amazing attention span. All great evidence to give to her new piano teacher. I gave him an out given the dreadful lesson but he wanted to continue. He said he sees her potential and also can tell that she is extremely intelligent. So I had a little talk with her and hopefully this next week she will settle down and not waste his time. If it continues the way it did the other day we will have to look for sessions in someone's studio. Crossing my fingers!