MAE:

I fear we will run into the bad fit academically ourselves. DD's school is academic in that they are two years ahead of public school. IE. last year in the 3 yr old class they were doing work equivalent to Kindergarten, but if the curriculum was taught in English it wouldn't be enough of an advancement for DD. We have the cushion of learning it in a foreign language but that gap isn't much of a gap anymore. She comprehends everything but is still hesitate to speak Spanish. This summer she was moved over to the 4 yr old class and her new teacher challenges her with her Spanish so we definitely see that she is talking in Spanish now. She still has her moments of trying to get out of it, such as getting her friends to translate for her. haha But she is definitely talking in sentences and holding conversations now. I'm really hoping that with the added languages she will stay challenged and we also signed her up for piano lessons through the school. They have a pianist that comes in and teaches in Spanish. I really hope she enjoys it because that is one less activity that I would have to drive her to.

She also does swim lessons and will continue doing so until our free months are used up.

If she doesn't remain challenged I hope the school keeps their word. They told us from the beginning that they have no problems accelerating her when she does master the curriculum in Spanish. They promised that they would test her and place her accordingly. This at least gives me hope!