Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by George C
There is a difference between stating that all are welcome and actually going the extra mile (or kilometer) to make people feel welcome. I think that's the disconnect.
Read my many posts, and the many times people have thanked me. smile
You have contributed lots of good advice here, without question. That doesn't mean that you haven't also inadvertently made people feel unwelcome from time to time.

Originally Posted by indigo
The fact I did not back down when you stated HG/HG+ was synonymous with PG seems to have not set well with you.
You initially asked me why I thought that the YS program was targeting HG+ kids instead of PG kids, and I thought that was a strange question. Now that we've discussed it a bit, I think I understand where you are coming from. I think of HG/HG+ as 99.9th percentile (per some definitions, like Hoagies) and you don't. I am not misinformed; we simply have differing opinions.

Keep in mind that "Hoagies HG" (99.9th percentile) and "Davidson PG" (99.9th percentile) are essentially synonymous. So if a parent here on the forum refers to their child, in isolation, as "my HG DC"...which "HG" are they referring to? And, more importantly, does it really matter?