Originally Posted by George C
In reality, Hoagies doesn't actually answer the question. It's rather a clearinghouse of information about what various professionals think. And it should be clear that there is not agreement. Some believe that PG should come down to include 145 and above because more modern tests don't differentiate between higher LOGs well, but...
To clarify, Hoagies webpage summarizes the approximate equivalent test scores. These are overall test scores, Full Scale IQs, not individual subtests nor GAIs. Various tests have different scores corresponding to 3SD+ from the norm, 99.9th percentile.

The equivalency table may be seen as similar to a conversion between centimeters and inches. The numbers will change when a different measurement instrument is utilized (cm side of tape measure vs. inch side of tape measure), even when the same object is measured and found to be the same (equivalent) size.

Originally Posted by George C
Originally Posted by indigo
HG is not synonymous with PG.
HG+ is not synonymous with PG.
HG+ would include those who are Highly Gifted, Exceptionally Gifted, and Profoundly Gifted.

Simply stating this does not make it true. smile I believe that the burden of proof is now on you to demonstrate otherwise.
No, there is no burden of proof on me. You suggested "HG+ as synonymous with PG" and have been unable to substantiate that, beyond stating that you have an "impression".

Meanwhile I have demonstrated that HG and PG are two distinct levels of gifted, in this prior post, and cited the source.
Hoagies shows four levels of gifted, each with progressively higher scores:
1) Gifted (G) or Moderately Gifted (MG)
2) Highly Gifted (HG)
3) Exceptionally Gifted (EG)
4) Profoundly Gifted (PG)