I can't multiquote
If you play with the edit features a bit, you'll be able to multiquote, I believe there is a limit of 3 or 4 nested levels of quotes.

talk of a behavioural 'tell' for IQ is over generalizing
The example given by that parent matches items found on several lists of common traits of gifted, (NAGC, Austega, Hoagies, DITD) although it was expressed in that parent's unique style. When parents seek/find kindred spirits, it may often be a bond over some particular subset of gifted traits and the experiences which those traits may engender, it may be a bond based on level of gifted (LOG), it may be based on personality.

into everything at two, or needs to be run hard in order to sleep, or asks lots of questions, or is upset by others not following the rules... I know more than several dozen very high IQ kids (all tested, and many PG), and tons of very smart adults and they are as varied as any other group.
Absolutely. The posts shared by parents were not all-encompassing but helped shine a light on a few aspects of gifted near and dear to them, with which they may be most familiar.

kids with ADHD do need to be run before they can concentrate, the anxious ones are nervous when people break rules, the talkative ones talk and the quiet ones sit back and observe. But that's part of their personality, not a necessary part of where they fall on the range of IQ. Some of the quietest rule followers can blow you away when you really dig, as can some of the most fidgety wrigglers.
While having a high IQ neither necessitates nor precludes the other behaviors, research continues to explore which traits/behaviors/characteristics tend to correlate with high IQ.

As a parenting tactic, it might be useful to stop saying "my kid runs me ragged because she's bright" and start saying "my kid runs me ragged and she's bright". Two different things.
Two different things and each may be true.

Your commonality with that parent is the activity level of the child. You're not knocking on the door of the parent whose kid is curled up with a book to share a knowing look.
Two parents bonding as kindred spirits over the commonality of their experiences in parenting their gifted children is a good thing. Other parents with their own unique experiences will hopefully find and bond with others who share a commonality. No parent can be expected to be all things to all people.