Originally Posted by fjzh
Originally Posted by indigo
In less than two years since this post, there has been a change in DYS qualification criteria, as well as parental posts of a child admitted with scores below the new, less stringent qualification criteria.

Catching up here after I was referenced on page 7. Phew! Hot topic! I'm honored to have rocked the boat to this degree.

So, Davidson refers to serving the profoundly gifted community and has set the minimums at one subtest score of 145. So is 145+ PG? Google can lead you to believe that 141+ is PG (source)...or 152+ (source)...or 160+ (source)...or even 180+ (source). So which is it?

My intention in applying wasn't to contaminate DYS with a not-PG kid. My intention was to find additional resources in best serving my kid. And I have achieved that. And I am pleased. Nobody but those that received her DYS application have seen her full written report, her tested grade-level equivalents, her supporting work samples, her nominator letter. I'm happy that DYS focused on the "whole child" when considering her application. Will I walk around calling her PG based on her acceptance? Nope. Will I now have a wonderful additional resource in caring for her unique emotional and academic needs? Yup.

Given the broad range of PG definitions, and the even broader range of our kids' qualities/abilities, at the end of the day no two children--even with identical "scores"--are going to have identical needs. I think everyone here knows that regardless of what letter they assign in front of their kid's "G."

tl;dr Can't we all just get along?
Indigo, this is why it doesn't bother me.