Originally Posted by Tallulah
Howler, the toll of finding appropriate educational settings for a smart child is entirely different to the toll an incredibly energetic child takes on a parent. I don't have to spend 14 hours a day fielding questions, and apparently neither do you. It is unfair of us to claim that experience, just like its unfair of people who just need a small adjustment for their kid to be acccomodated to claim it's anything like what some of us have to do for our kids (and, again, you and I get it relatively easy because our kids aren't 2E).
1) There may be considerable overlap between gifted and energetic; A child may be both.
2) The toll of finding an appropriate educational setting may be a subset of the toll of supporting the positive growth and development of a gifted child. ( Gifted All The Time, Dan Peters, Summit Center )
3) HK has taught her child at home, utilizing an online public school, in order to facilitate her child's learning style and pace. A pace which may be 3 years accelerated (college at 15, average age of matriculation is 18)?
4) HK has experience in these matters, including fielding an exhausting level of inquisitive questions from an infinitely curious child; Experiences which HK has generously shared over the years, for any who may benefit.
5) On numerous occasions, HK has shared that her child is 2e.

HK, please let me know if you feel I overstepped in summarizing what I recalled, or if I summarized incorrectly.