Originally Posted by solaris
Usually, in my experience, when a parent is snobby and elitist and picky about who their kids are mixing with, there is something they are seeking to hide. The truth then comes out that their kids are not what they've claimed to be. But we don't discover that by policing everyone. We give them the benefit of the doubt and even if it comes out that the parents were lying, we don't come out with a set of rules saying you have to qualify what you say or that you cannot be a part of the community anymore. We still get along. People are always learning and it's nice to give them room to do that.

Actually, my children associate with many different children in everyday life. But sometimes one wants their child to be with like minded peers. In the way that they say being at 130 to 100 is the same as PG to MG: it's like that. MG kids are wonderful, but they're as different to mine as they are to average kids. There's nothing wrong with me wanting them to have friends on the same level for certain activities and interests.

There aren't many around like mine, and I still haven't found any in my small area. My kids tend to intimidate many parents, who perhaps feel like their child is less special, and then we attract those who wish their child was PG. Which I even go along with until it becomes very obvious they are lying and they bow out. In my club I do ask for proof and I look for a certain profile because I am desperate for my lonely kids to find others like them. I haven't yet. This is why it bothers me. It makes it really difficult for me and my kids. They have plenty of kids to be friends with, but not to be best friends with.

I don't check IQ reports when going to the playground, but when I fund a club for the sole purpose of finding PG friends for my kids then yes, I do.