Originally Posted by indigo
however embellishing one's intellectual gifts may not be helpful, especially in the context of giving BTDT advice to others. smile

personally, it does not matter to me if the child in question is PG or HG or HG+ or EG or any other shade of gifted. it does not matter too much to me if there is embellishment or not either. people are generally aware that they are taking advise from total strangers on the internet on these forums ... so, they are also aware that they need to take internet forum advise with a huge pinch of salt. If they are not, it is advisable to learn how to use the internet safely before frequenting any forum.

It is always best to consult professionals if parents have issues that are big or considered serious. But, for general issues like how to help my gifted child remember their daily schedules, what reading list is great for a PG kid with certain interests, how to word a conversation with a school admin, Talent Search information etc, certainly use the internet forums because they are a goldmine for such information.