Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by solaris
I was horrified by the idea that someone will take the advice to read a poster's history... To me, that feels like an invasion of privacy...
It is difficult to imagine that a person has an expectation of privacy when posting publicly on the internet.
While it may not seem like an invasion of privacy to me, it is nevertheless difficult to believe that other posters would comb through one's posting history to attempt to refute a statement.

I think many find it a little creepy when another poster asks you if your child tested PG, you answer that they did, then said poster goes through your posting history and essentially says, "No, actually he didn't. You told us this from 3 years ago, then this from 2 years ago, then you said this last month." Such actions invoke feelings of being interrogated. You may say that this is an all-inclusive community, but if your actions make others feel like they're being interrogated, that is the opposite of welcoming. You could also say that you're not responsible for how other people feel as a result of your actions, but that seems to indicate that you don't care.

After this topic, I'm tempted to go back and delete most everything I've said on this forum as well.