Originally Posted by Quantum2003
To be fair, qualifications have not been lowered across the board. You need considerably higher scores on the Explore and on the SAT now. For example, the Minimum SAT scores went up some a few years back and then the last change in 2016 went from requiring just one to two out of three (Math, CR, Composite) SAT scores. In fact, it is now easier to qualify for Davidson Academy than for Davidson Young Scholars on the SAT because you only need one qualifying SAT score for the academy versus two for DYS and the minimums are the same.
Thank you for this analysis.

I would tend to agree with having raised the qualifying scores on Explore and SAT, because these tests have changed, there are many study guides and prep courses, and students may take these multiple times, only reporting their highest scores. I'm not sure whether super-scoring may fit in here, but I thought I would mention it.

It is interesting that you compare qualifying scores for Davidson Academy admission with those for DYS, as the Academy requires 3 nominations from specific teachers and the overall application process differs enough that some may consider it a bit of an apples-and-oranges comparison.