Originally Posted by solaris
I was horrified by the idea that someone will take the advice to read a poster's history... To me, that feels like an invasion of privacy...
It is difficult to imagine that a person has an expectation of privacy when posting publicly on the internet. This was discussed recently on another thread. Here is one post to raise awareness.

If all are welcome, they should be welcome to say what they feel is right about their children.
Board rules provide guidelines:
Originally Posted by Board rules
Remember that this is a public forum. This is not a diary or a private journal. Try not to post any information that will allow others to identify you, your children, or anyone else. Give enough context so that people reading your posts can offer helpful replies, but be mindful when providing test scores or other detailed information.

If their children are indeed not what parents say they are, leave it to posters to discern it for themselves.
Absolutely, posters need to decide for themselves how to weigh the information which others post.

Honestly, some of the advice about stating LOG that I read some posts up smack of insecurity more than anything else.
No one needs to state their child's LOG, but if they choose to, it may be best to not overstate it.

This used to be a safe space when I was first here many years ago.
I believe encouraging honesty is intended to keep this a safe place.

It was such a welcoming space and I think it was also somewhat of a "holding" place for many of us whose kids had not yet qualified for the DYS program and were desperately searching for answers.
Many posts show the forum still serves that function.

sometimes it's nice to come back here to see if I can help someone like how this board helped me all those years ago.
There are always requests for information, and topics tend to repeat with some regularity. Please jump in at any time to provide help!

I am so glad to say that many of my friends with PG kids, the 0.01% and rarer types, are so much more humble and accepting of all flavors of gifted than a couple of the posters on this thread are.
I believe all flavors of gifted are accepted on this board, and offer as proof: One need not embellish their child's intellectual gifts to be accepted. Please invite your friends to also help answer posts on the forums, if they are not doing so already.

If your kids really are a rarity then why not stick to the boards that celebrate that rarity
Which boards are you suggesting?

Why can't all of us have a conversation and learn from each other no matter what the alphabet in front of the G is?
My point exactly. Why change any other letter to a P before posting?