Originally Posted by StevenASylwester
Dude,

My proposed amendment includes this language:

3) Students whose academic skills competency and knowledge proficiency are measured in the aggregate minimally either two years below or two years above age-appropriate-grade-level shall be designated as Special Education students and shall receive educational funding at twice the normal rate (competency and proficiency testing shall be done when requested by a teacher, parent, or student).

Right, so tiger parents have to push their kids into being two years ahead. That's what you'll get. The bottom line is that you can set the barriers to entry as high as you like, tiger parents will still try to either push their kids over them, tunnel under them, or knock a hole through them.

Not sure what "knowledge proficiency" is, though.

Originally Posted by StevenASylwester
Understand this: anyone involved in sports would not be interested in taking advantage of my proposed amendment, and that is a whole lot of people.

Oh, that's an easy one. School districts already have certain age requirements around competitive sports anyway, so it wouldn't be a far stretch to allow 13yo high schoolers to go to the middle school for sports after school. And tiger parents are just the ones to petition/pressure the school districts to make those changes.

They'd even have some parents of legitimate gifties on board, because I wouldn't want my child to have to choose between athletics and an education. She enjoys both, and I think it's important that she be both healthy and well-educated.

Certain universities would also throw their weight behind this. Stanford comes immediately to mind.