On the SAT improvement, I heard from parents last year, that improved their kids math SAT scores significantly with tutoring. The kid got into Columbia.

I know internists that are finding it hard to get well paying jobs to pay off the medical school debt. And when you say, how many plumbers does a society need? You still build locally. That is still done here. Dental Hygiene still done here, radiology -- they are reading xrays in India and Israel. But the xray tech still has to take the xrays here. Talking about kids that are going to school for some degree but are not going to go to a professional level degree program that gets them a job.

A side comment on Bostonian's whole thing on Milton and Chaucer. Reading Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath. He writes about the whole impressionist movement wouldn't have existed if they did not shun the whole establishment and have their own gallery showing. They were not tradionalists. Modern art needed a break with the past in order to be the innovation that it became.

Though I am not sure what English language is becoming with texting and "what up?" It will be interesting what communication skills are in the next 20 years.