I'd still go to that meeting with the teacher-- just to be crystal clear in your mind and not have "I wonder if..." hanging there unresolved.

And you never know-- it's possible that she will say something that is revelatory to you. (Possible)

I suspect that it won't be something that you'll WANT to hear-- and that it will make you angry. But it's probably still worth hearing so that it's in the back of your mind.

Why do I say that? Well, because it's far too easy to scaffold 2e issues in a home environment-- up to and well beyond where such issues would be deemed "unacceptable" in a classroom setting... and in the context of an emergent problem, those are things that you want to know about from an unbiased observer's perspective so that you can (if needed) identify them and be AWARE of them. 2e problems can go unidentified in a homeschooling setting because of the flexibility.

Your ds is young enough that some of those things could well still be just at the horizon.

So I'd go to that meeting and listen. I wouldn't necessarily take it all to heart, or place my child back into her care, mind you... but I would tuck away what she says, and be observant as a homeschooling parent.

I hope that makes sense.

smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.