Okay well I now have an advocate. We are meeting tomorrow to plan. I found a 2e resource who used and recommended her. Big background in public and gifted with several years of advocacy experience.

I have messages in to Neuro-psych (he is out of state) and previous psychologist who is about an hour drive but was close to previous school and worked with us last year. He's a former gifted teacher who was good with school strategy but not so effective for counseling purposes.

I told my husband similar things as you have mentioned about bringing in lawyers. I personally will drop it before we get to that point most likely.

In other good news, the advocate has connections to a well respected gifted that we have not investigated before (distance). So perhaps a backup if we don't get too financially strained to pull it off trying to salvage the "free" option.

HK-- I share concern about him not attending. He is physically sick but I don't want to push that. I am working hard to get an expert to make a recommendation. I'm hoping one of the mental health contacts can make that call who already know him and his history.

Last edited by HappilyMom; 09/12/13 08:40 AM.