Well if it makes you feel better I had a similar crew (sans gifted coordinator) for my first meeting regarding bully teacher punishing DD's deficits. I didn't have advanced notice, though. I just walked into a meeting room filled with people sitting around the table with very dour faces. I thought to myself. "Great. I have one shot to get this right and I'm being ambushed." I sat down and someone placed a box of tissues in front of me - clearly expecting me to become a sniveling mass of jelly. That's all it took for me to become hyper focused and very serious.

I kept my tone low and measured and said my peace. This was the meeting where the teacher not only admitted to treating my DD this way but actually became indignant about it. School psych brought DD in and had the teacher apologize to her and make carefully worded efforts to welcome her to the class. Everyone in the room, with the exception of the teacher, fell in love with DD during that meeting. I gained credibility. The teacher, well I think she just decided DD and I were going to be pains in the arse...

I realize now that it was all a power trip and I turned the tables on them. They came in expecting to have an over emotional, overprotective parent of a bratty, indulged child. They were shocked that the teacher confirmed my version of what happened and truly thought she was in the right. This was not, as it turned out, my only chance by any means. There have been many, many more meetings and there are many more yet to come. Your school psych sounds like a gem. Hopefully she will set the teacher straight. Hopefully the principal will also get it.

This sounds much better than it did last night. Take a deep breath, put on your internal armor and follow Polarbear's advice. I'm betting you will do great.

Please let us know how it goes.