HappilyMom - I agree with Pemberley and others who suggested *not* sending this letter at this point in time. I do think that it's very valuable that you wrote it for your own future reference smile I'd also think through it when you have some time, because some of what was said at the meeting, when looked at through your eyes, may shed light on the impact of your ds' disabilities and therefore could in turn be used in advocating - for example, if this comes up in a meeting again:

Originally Posted by HappilyMom
Mrs. TEACHER said that DS often complained of pain and would not complete his work. She also stated that he was not exemplifying First Grade Skills giving the example that when told to get crayons and scissors for a task, he instead wanted to talk with her about something else

I (you) would point out:

Wrist/hand pain is common among dysgraphic students when they have to use handwriting. (I know you know that - I'm just stating the obvious as you would when explaining this to the school staff). Your ds needs to use keyboarding to avoid pain; he also may need OT to teach him proper pencil grip, posture, etc to avoid pain. Avoiding the crayons and scissors task does not mean your ds doesn't have "First Grade Skills" - it most likely means he wants to avoid a task that is physically challenging for him due to his disability.

And then move on to point out this is why he needs ___ accommodation - so that he can demonstrate his knowledge (and those lovely "First Grade Skills").

polarbear