I would not send the letter but would instead keep it for your own records. I would not trust these people and would be concerned that they will use it differently than you intend. A summary would have been good to share if you accomplished something at that meeting - this way it just documents that they raised concerns. It does not come across as you rebutting them - time ran out once THEY got their concerns on the table. Very convenient....

Does your DS have a formal anxiety diagnosis? I would bring your pediatrician into the conversation ASAP. Can you reach your doctor that relocated? You are going to need someone soon.

Our pediatrician really wanted DD on homebound tutoring when her anxiety started to get bad in first grade. She said "If they are intentionally antagonizing her anxiety she should not be there." I used that quote over and over with the school. We never had to do it but having the plan in place made a huge difference.

According to the consultant a letter from the pediatrician saying that the child will be unable to attend school *for 3 weeks* will trigger the homebound tutoring requirement. This would mean that the school district would need to provide an individualized education for him and send someone to your home to provide the instruction. If he has an anxiety diagnosis and is experiencing the physical symptoms you describe it may be a good solution. Especially with the teacher stating that he is complaining of pain and the math teacher confirming that written work is an issue.

I agree - not time for a lawyer yet but definitely an advocate. Some people here have found assistance free of charge through their states. We had to hire one privately. Your State Dept of Education may have some names. There may also be an advocacy group for gifted education in your state if your district has a Gifted Coordinator. They might be able to give you some names too. If your school psych is really understanding the situation she may even be able to give you the names of some people.

I have to say again how sorry I am that you and your son are dealing with this. I don't know if it makes it easier or harder to know that my DD and I were not the only ones...