I have been reading up on it. Some things seem to fit but it's not very clear cut. There is a pediatric geneticist I've found...

I've been doing a lot of thinking. Spoke with Dr. Amend (our tester) who has been amazing. I'm feeling like the situation at school is so bad and my guy is so young that I don't see how it will be salvageable or worth the cost (advocates and much more mental health appointments and stress for all).

I believe he is a hard fit with willing instructors which we do not have. All of his diagnoses have occurred in the past 6 months and we are still learning about them and what works.

I'm questioning how much improvement in that environment could be possible with even the best advocacy. The level of stress (and damage to my child)to get there seem like a much higher cost than I want to pay.

There seem to be more options and more expectation of the use of technology with age and finally elimination of coloring. Their 1st grade program is shockingly unacademic and seems behind the times. He needs to learn to type and use a dictation program. He's just too young to be put at the mercy of such cruel and rigid people who would mock a child's disability and punish him for properly advocating for himself.

I'm going to talk to the advocate and think it over this weekend but the responses I have heard from those who work with bad school situations regularly is convincing me that this one is unlikely to be worth the effort this year.

I can homeschool and thanks to those who post here I have a pretty decent idea of how to do that with my unusual child.

Going to the doctor in a bit and thinking this through further.