Thanks HK!

I had an email from the school psych last night and she would like to attend our meeting. I am glad to have her join us.

I had emailed her in the morning (before the big issue of the day) about DS not getting subject level acceleration promised (after much effort and many meetings and testing) in Lang Arts and Reading and also with some new information about how his dyspraxia was affecting him in gym class. (The day before we discussed testing results and how "not having anything to learn" was affecting my child with the challenges he has to struggle through only to be "taught" things he knew some time ago.)

She had been in the meetings and administered the tests to decide he needed the acceleration. His new teachers were not involved. She is now saying it is the teacher's responsibility and:

" Also, I think an innocent misconception about gifted children on the part of some teachers is that they assume gifted students have mastered all lower level skills (that their skills are evenly developed) and subsequently may be hesitant to provide accelerated matieral when they notice varying skills. Also, a child's functional ability within the classroom may not coincide with performance on assessment, as these are two very different things. We know it is not this cut and dry, but i think it can be challenging for a classroom teacher to understand. "

Feels like a new day, a new battle.